Funny that none of my regulars are posting YouTube videos right now: Lisa Marie, Julia, Michele. And the ones I do less often aren’t posting much either, like Melissa.
But it’s ok because the short WOs of Zgym are really working out for me.
Warmup: (10/30×6=4min) jump rope
Legs Like A Dancer #10
Warm-up: skip next time & do more yoga @ the end!
1. Curtsy Slide Lunge Knee Up x 16 / 16
2. Third Position / Slide to Grand Plie on Demi Point 16/ 16
3. Side Lunge Slide to 4th Position Plie on Demi Points x 16 / 16
4. Backward Slide Lunge to Arabesque Battement x 16 / 16
5. A la Sebesque Pulse on Demi Point (x10) / Squat Abduction on Demi Points (x4) X 8 sets alt. legs
6. Arabesque Battement in Table Top / Side Leg Lift x 10 X 1 set on each leg
7. A La Sebesque Pulse (x10) / 2nd Position Plie (x4) X 4 sets on each leg
8. Arabesque Battement in Table Top / Side Leg Lift x 10 X 1 set on each leg
9. A La Sebesque Pulse (x10) / 2nd Position Plie (x4) X 4 sets on each leg
10. Hip Raise Abduction on Balance Ball x 20 / Ballerina Hip Raise Pulse x 20 X 2 sets
Did like 3 yoga stretches after.
I used to exercise in the MUCH cooler dining room
But I gave up on that idea as it was a constant struggle.
Missed doing the ZGym scheduled for Monday, but this one looks much harder. 86 degrees in a still room, with no breeze in a sun puddle. Warmest room in the house this time of day. Heart rate way above safe zone for someone my age. Maybe I’ll have a heart attack! I thought cheerfully. That’s how Jim Fixx, the man who popularised running, left his body. Had a heart attack while out running. Was over 50…
Whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger!
And I seem to be upright so I guess…
Summer Shred #32
Time = 29:39
Buy in: Competition Burpees X 25
High Knees – 1min / One Leg Mountain Sliders x 10 / 10 only one foot on slider – the other hovers in the air
High Knees – 1 min / Frog Slide to Jack Slide Push Up x 10
High Knees – 1 min / Criss Cross Oblique Slides x 20 The twist happens (one foot crossing over the other) on the extended legs
1. Backward Slide Lunge / Pass Under / Heel Raise x 12/12
2. Deadlift to Side Step Squat (with ppl Band, 20s & 5lb Ankle Weights) x 16
3. Side to Side Squat with Heel Raise (ppl Band & Ankle Weights) x 20
4. Ballerina Hip Raise on floor
Balance Ballx 30
Jump Lunge / Pistol Squat (on each leg) / Pull Up
10 /1+1/ 2 15 /1+1/ 3 20 /1+1/ 4 25/1+1/ 5 30/1+1/ 6
Buy out: Plank Hold – 2 min
Was gonna do the next day’s, a longer one, but then I had the worst commute home ever. Worked out in 81 degree room! (Why HR got to 184.) Then hadda go move car after my shower…. grrr.
Time – 29:23
Buy in – 50 pendulum swings (steady hips – try to stay low, in squat) Accidentally picked up the 35lb kettlebell – was gonna use 26
x3 √, √, √
- Over the pillow
boxjumps – 10
- Leg elevated butt lifts – 20/20 Feet on bench, added 5lb ankle weights. 2nd rnd put a 10lb weight behind working knee. Only dropped it 2 times.
- Weighted Side Lunge dead lift – 20 / 20 35lb kettlebell. Extend non working leg out to the side & lower bell toward supporting foot.
- One arm KB Swing – 25/25 26lb kettlebell
Buy out – 4min Tabata Abs: mat jumps / v-sit ups
And I dunno… This whole west coast culture of perpetual vagaries is really wearing on me. I’m not sure I’m into it enough that my participation could be anything more than minimal.
We had a few beers. I’d already pushed Monday’s WO to Tues. I can go Tues-Thurs after work, sure, no problem. But I decided to do somewhat drunken ballerina, lol. I can feel it in my thighs! It reminded me to take a shower! It’s all good,
Untimed. No monitor. Course I skipped the not-astanga yoga at the beginning. But I tried out a portion of Legs Like A Dancer 9. (Word to the wise: to really have legs “like a dancer”, as in classical ballet dancer, nothing less than full-on anorexia will do. Zuzka herself would not even qualify / rank. If you’re a man you can be a normal person. I’m sure you’re not shocked.)
- Finalised album cover, exported, dropboxed and got paid.
- Went online shopping with about half of it, buying some long overdue (though discount!) clothing.
- Did the agreed upon weekend watering & took out some recycling.
- Updated freelance resume, redesigning & adding a bunch new links. Uploaded a ton of carpet designs to the appropriate Flickr album. Really went down the rabbit hold there… Worked outside on the deck for at least three hours. Wasn’t really keeping track. Went inside and tried to stop but worked another hour. Hence…
Early evening practice
No warm-up, besides a bit of supta virasana. My binds are really good! Both sides in pashasana and an easy wrist bind in supta kurmasana. Back bends are stiff, but I’m being really restrained with them. S’ok. Had a good time.
|Suryas & Standing Fundamentals||w/ standing arches in Surya As, no hand held weights at all, 5-breath handstands @ the end|
|Primary+||Skipping 4 poses of primary w/ added LBH|
|Ardha Matseyendrasana, var||through the legs bind|
|Shalabhasana A, B|
|Bhekasana, 1/2 & full|
|Dhanurasana A, B|
|Ustrasana||hips to wall, keeping them fwd|
|Rack||single interval of 10/60|
|Block B (under hips)||single interval of 10/60, feet on the wall|
|Urdhva D||come to standing|
|Finishing||with 4min savasana|