Huzzah! I took my own advice & did this all reps routine the day after a rest day. I’d intended to practice yoga late yesterday afternoon, but ending up being downtown longer than expected & returning full, with the one meal I ate that day. Sometimes it’s cool to do a longer than usual fast before your first meal. It fills you up longer. My main & sometimes only meal of the day during ashtanga obsession was always lunch.
“It’s way more than 1,000 reps; I’m telling you right now.” – Julia
Just occurred to me today I should start tagging Julia’s workouts by who wrote them so I can get an idea of my own favorites! I always forget. I’m not going to go back through all my old workouts and tag them, but I will start doing that now.
Part 1: 20 reps each, 1x through=220 reps
Julia finishes just under 18min (including her very short introduction – she gets right to it which I love). My time = 22min. And of course I took a break after!
- Diamond pushup burpee hands in diamond & diamond jump
- Plank rows and frog hop (2 row + 1 hop = 1 rep) 2, 15lb weights
180tuck jump squats Squat & tuck jump I don’t like turning while doing tuck jumps. Need to be careful of 3rd Series knees!
- Bulgarian LL + fwd lunge 2, 15lb weights / Do bulgarian & step same leg fwd for lunge Did this move 10x each leg, alt, for a total of 20reps ea leg
- Bulgarian RL + fwd lunge
- Jab cross 2x + heel grab 10 w left arm starting & switch
- LL SL DL + hammer curl and shoulder press 13lbs ea hand Went light here b/c 15lbs would be still a bit high for me w/ upright rows, the next move. Legs must be even! lol
- RL SL DL + upright row same weight as #7
- Yoga tricep pushups Chest goes close to ground, butt is up in air. Then push up into updog. J moves pretty fast here & stays up on toes.
- Close grip chest press + skull crusher 2, 10lb weights I didn’t wanna challenge myself with 15s on the skull crusher! Also wouldn’t wanna hold 2 weights in each hand here, like I do when I pick up a 10 and a 3 for each hand. I’d do 12s if I had ’em.
- Switch lunges 2=1
Part 2: Pyramid= 300 reps (520 total)
My time = 17:36
- 100 squats 2, 15lb weights Went light! 50 holding weights on shoulders, 50 down by my side
- 80 touchdowns 1=1 touching down in the middle
- 60 hip thrusts 2, 20lb weights, on the floor J does sets of 20, alt weighted w/ unweighted & uses a shoulder elevation. I did the same, albeit w/ lesser weight. Someday I’ll have a sandbag!
- 40 side lunges 2, 15lb weights / Toes turned out & feet planted wide. Alt side to side 1=1
- 20 back fly burpees with lat raise at the top 2, 10lbs No push-ups hooray! But still brutal. Jump back into plank & fly each arm. Jump forward & stand up straight for lat raise.
Part 3: 20 reps each, 1x through=220 reps (740 total)
My time = 24:17 And I thought this reps set went much faster than the 1st one! I guess it was the psychological ease of closing in on the end of the workout.
- Tricep pushup plank tuck jump
- SA clean & press and rev lunge (10x each arm) 15lbs Hold the weight up & then lunge back w/ same leg
- Reverse grip pushup + bentover reverse grip row 2, 15lb weights / jump up & bentover row w/ both hands
- Dive bombers
- SL box squat + fwd lunge (10 each leg) no added weight
- weighted squat jumps 2, 10lb weights
- Chest fly in bridge hold 2, 15lb weights on bench
- SA burpee no push-up!! 10 ea arm obv
- Sumo DL 2, 20lb weights
- Good mornings 2, 15lb weights
Part 4: pyramid 260 reps (1000 total)
Forgot 2 reset stopwatch so don’t have time for this set
- 90 SA curtsy swings (45/side) 10lbs Did 20/20/15/15/10/10 alt arms
- 70 weighted punches 2, 3lb weights in sumo squat hold,, 2=1, 35 leading w/ LH 35 leading with right hand
- 50 reverse curls on bench=
- 30 ski squat + front raise 2, 10lb weight, 15 palms facing ea other / 15 palms down. Squat w/ feet together & then lift
- 10 explosive pushups hands & feet leave the floor
- 5 split lunge snatches RL 2, 15lb weights
- 5 split lunge snatches LL
Time = 1:26 including all breaks / better than expected
About 15min. I should do an ashtangesque tomorrow.