Recovery workout time! I’d have take a rest day if I didn’t already do that twice this week, so a little moderate activity & stretching instead. For this format I often like to take a mini Bender routine & add on. I adapted this set by adding on a single 10/30 jump rope interval before every #d rep based move.
HIIT (& reps)
-10 reps ea move w/ the jump rope before = 19-min set. Normally I’d likely change the reps to 16, but this is just the warm-up for some easy stretching.
- Squat, Floor Tap 2, 20lb weights Coming all the way down to rest weights on floor & thighs on backs of calves
- Weighted Crunch Tap 10lbs Crunch up, holding weight up straight. Tap heels to floor.
- 1 Leg Squat (right) 2, 15lb weights Start kneeling w/ front foot in bet weights. Come to standing w/ back leg hovering.
- 1 Leg Squat (left)
- Weighted Temple Tap Abs 2=1 10lbs
- Curtsy Lunge Twist 2=1 2, 15lbs weights
- Romanian Deadlift w/ pulse @ bottom 2, 20lb weights
- Pull-ups 5 no assist & 10 w/ blue band
Bent Over RowWhy not right? I haven’t practiced them awhile & in this context it’s low pressure.
- Chest Press w/ pulse @ bottom 2, 20lb weights
- Hammer Curl and Tricep Squeeze 2, 15lb weights
- Suryas & fundamentals (w/ the hand standing in suryas
- First 4 poses of primary, to ardha baddha pada paschimo (Added gomukhasana arms when I set back up from last pose, w/out moving leg in ½lotus, then jumped back) About 30min to this point & then stopped for notes.
- Then no-vinyasa twisting single intervals 10/30: ardha matseyen, marichy d, upavistha kona, parighasana, baddha kona A,
- Virasana, supta vira, malasana, uttanasana, single intervals 10/60
- Hanuman, Block A and B, Urdhva D (1min)
- 1min sirsasana (w/ 10 breaths in all the parts past the first one), sarvangasana, then finishing to matseyanasa 10breaths