I kicked some serious ass! Wasn’t sure I’d be able to get through a Julia, especially as this is the 5th consecutive day of working out, but I did it! I just feel so much crappier, psychologically, if I don’t work out… Tomorrow will either be a rest day or astanga.
Tabata 1: 20:10 8x 4 minutes
Two switch foot lunges two front kicks
AMRAP 1: 6 minutes
10 switch lunges, 2=1, OH arms
10 front kick jab/cross, ea side
10 runners Lunge toe taps/leg
Superset 1: 4x @ 12:20 Did 1 round along with & then paused video.
1. 8 Roll back burpee 3 bunny hop
2. 10 repeater kick throughs/side front foot stays planted between reps / u don’t go back to plank, only kicking foot returns
Tabata 2: pair @ 22:00 (finished the former at 22:22!! But behind to type notes & then find my place again.)
1. Bunny hops fwd and back
2. Alt hip dips and knee drives forearm, rotate to one side & same side knee-in
AMRAP 2: 6 minutes
10 squat jumps
10 oblique plank hops 2=1
10 sumo squat heel up and stomp
10 pull-ups (with strap)
Superset 2: 4x @ 33:45 Kept up here (modified).
1. SL DL rocket up 10/ leg
2. airplane (like dighasana, but u can keep arms back if u want) to ½ SL
pistol squat 5/ leg Bend hovering leg for levitating lunge Didn’t want to attempt to rush the pistols. Can be tricky on my knees and the right one is a tiny bit sensitive lately. I was able to keep up by modifying & it felt good to emphasis more the even hips on the dighasana-like first part.
Tabata 3: @ 44:30
1. Split Lunge clap under SL push-up
AMRAP 3: 6 minutes
10 touchdowns low jumping jacks, touching floor w/ fingertips on in & out 2=1
10 plank jack shoulder taps 2=1
10 t-stand dip and leg lifts 5/side
Superset 3: 4x @ 56:00 Ya I turned off the video after round 1 again for this one! EVIL, EVIL, DOUBLE BURPEES!!!!!
1. Double star burpees 6 2 jack push-ups @ bottom, 2 plank hops, 2 star jumps
2. Jab cross hook Knee drive 10/ side
Tabata 4: pair @ 1:04
1. Lateral lunges hops touch downs +tuck jump Split lunge, leg back on inside of mat. Lunge hop to end, bring back foot forward & touch fingertips to ground. Tuck jump.
2. Sarvangasana to Halasana
AMRAP 4: 6 minutes @ 1:10 OK I changed 3 of 4 moves here, but I’m keeping in the spirit of the workout (even if adding a little equipment, but that’s allowed for those who cannot afford to go on vacation & thus possibly exercising w/out equipment. (Let’s face it, if I could go on a vacation I’d make sure it’d include gym access lol.)
10 box jumps
wide tuck jumps
10 swings, 35lb kettlebell
tricep push-ups & plank tuck jumps
10 boat abs
10 slider pike abs
Superset 4: 4x 1:17
1. Plyo lunges 10/ leg
2. 5x Dolphin vinyasa flow Down dog, elbows down & back up, jump forward to utkatasana, uttanasana, catarunga, updog
Total time 1:39, including all breaks / interruptions.
Very quick stretch….