Ya I took a quick look at the breakdown of the 2nd, post announcement video & thought, Too hard. She’s gotten too tough for me at the moment! lol. That’s ok. I’ve still got a little crick in my neck and I know I should do just a yoga but… it’s cold and it’s the Pacific Northwest kind.
This popped up in “recommended” & it looked like more my speed.
I hadn’t looked at any of the pix Charlie took Monday, when we went to the coast (for the one and only time this year!), until yesterday. At one point he was trying to get puppy Penny next to Rocco for a picture. She kept getting up to go to him, so I held her in place for a bit. I wish my muscles were always popping, lol, but at least when I’m using them even a little bit they show.
Tabata Pairs: (I alternated moves 1 & 2 for both sets)
1. Touchdowns Bicep Curl 15 / Squat Curl & Press 15s feet sort of close together.
2. Squat Thrust Tricep Extensions squat all the way down / Alt Rev Lunge Tricep Kickbacks 10s +2lb wrist weights 4 both.
Descending Pyramid Combo (10, 8, 6) 8:58min
1. Rev Grip Burpee + Weighted Squat Jumps 15s
2. Straddle Box jump + 2x Tricep Pushups Jump off end of bench
Tri-set: 3x (7:42)
1. 12 Arnold Press 15s w/ bicep curl but I think this was a mistake
2. 20 Goblet Chair Lunges 1=1 20
3. 8 Elevated Pike Pushups
Tri-set: 3x (8:42)
1. 10 Weighted Russian Twist Bicycles (2=1) 15 twisting to the side of the foot that’s going out
2. 10 Plank Tricep Extensions (2=1) 10s
3. 10 Slider
30:10 x4 (8 min)
1 Kneeling to Stand to SL DL Back lunge, knee to floor & sit back (holding dumbbell w/ both hands) Come to stand lifting knee up, DL (one hand holding) 20
2 Hitch Kick Pistols 2-4th rounds challenged myself to keep my leg out to 90-deg at the end of the switch kick, ie bending & pulling knee in just to extend it again b4 the next pistol.
3 Pendulum Lunges 20s, stay on one leg
DB Complex Finisher: 6 reps – 4x 15s
1. Sumo Squat + Hammer Curls (Curl at top of sumo squat)
2. Curtsy + Shoulder Press (drop one weight after this move) Press weights up as leg goes back. This was challenging by the 4th round!!!
3. OH Swing to Tricep Ext one 15lb weight too light here, so rounds 2-4 changed to OH tricep w/ 10s for 16 reps
3 Min AMRAP – Banded Finisher ppl band, 2lb wrist weights, 10s
Banded DL, come 1/2 way up Tricep kickback, Squat, Curl & Press
Time = 1:03 Only 10min longer than the video w/ my breaks & note taking ain’t bad.
- Suryas & fundamentals, with the hand standing in the As
- Paschimo & finishing to matsyanasana, savasana