I was going to do yoga today, but after a marathon of sitting on my ass the last two days, driving to the cat show, participating 2 days and then driving back, I was in the mood for something more active, more ass-tastic.
The big show in Portland next month is going to kill my WO schedule for two weeks, but after that I believe I’ll be done with showing for awhile (fingers crosses). Was telling Charlie that if I were a wealthy cat lady I’d do two things: 1) buy my own stud cat and get him his two additional partners and 2) delegate the shows (mostly) to some cat loving, responsible high school lady.
Didn’t even stretch after this, Bad Lady.
(extra) Warmup: (10/30×6=4min) jump rope
25 Frog Pumps
25 Banded Lateral Squat Walks
10/leg leg lift hip up
SET 1: 2x
1. Bulgarian drop set (8 reps each weight, 3 weights) BL sandbag, 20s & 8lb vest, 15s I did alt legs to fin ea weight before dropping weight, as I wasn’t doing so by simply picking up dif dumbbells. Rnd 2 – kept on vest for 15s round.
2. 12 box squats to alt forward lunge sandbag
3. 10 1 and ½ RDL rnd 1 – 20s, rnd 2 sandbag, on blocks, w/ 8lb vest thrown over middle
SET 2: HIIT superset 50:10 4x 8 mins + 8lb vest
1. DL drop weight jump and squat to stand 20s
2. lateral step up & knee up to side lunge/leg BL sandbag Heavy for me for a SL, stepping up move! Let my mind wander & almost fell off bench during 2nd round of it, LOL. After that paid closer attention to form.
SET 3: 4x √, √, √, √ Hadda take a break after each round. After 2nd I was thinking, “FOUR times???” Note to self: Next time, break this up into two smaller sets, put one @ the very beginning & u can eliminate the jump rope warm-up.
1. 10 alt curtsy lunge plank hop 20s
2. 20 swings 35lb kettlebell
3. 10 rev lunge toe touch/leg 20
SET 4: HIIT superset 50:10 2x 4 mins 8lb vest, sandbag & ppl band
1. banded Sumo DL + 2 lateral side steps
2. banded hip thrusts
SET 5: HIIT: 30:10 x4 (10:40 min) (5lb Ankle Weights) Challenging for me on the 8 backloads but I did well. Was thinking to change the order next time but actually I’ll keep as is. The downdog glute raises were REALLY challenging, by this point, w/ the 5lbs each leg.
1. backload static Rev Lunge leg lift sandbag
2. Down dog glute raises
3. Backload curtsy +leg lift sandbag
4. RDL + hang clean 20s
Glute Isolation: each leg 2x all moves on one leg then the other 5lb ankle weights.
20 Donkey pulses I did mini pulses, I know, b/c I was even faster than Julia here, lol. Cheating! Definitely cheating. Didn’t matter as the burn was good.
10 Straight leg lifts
10 fire hydrants
20 Donkey Pulses