So maybe you shouldn’t work out over 2 hours when sick, but I don’t have a fever, and I needed to not think for awhile.
I guess I’d rather it be me that gets sick than one or both of the cats, post show.
Warmup: (10/30×6=4min) jump rope
Freestyle Leg Blast Workout Video
Circuit 1: 4 Rounds (@9:45)
+8lb vest √, √, √, √
time = 32min – kicked my ass. Rested for a few min after.
1. Alternate Reverse Lunge w/Bicep Curl 12x sliders / rnds 1&2 – 13lbs, rnds 3&4 – 10lbs. 4th round had vest on & left it on whole round
2. Rnd 1 RL rev lunge & circle foot around (fwd first & back to return) 12x
Rnd 2 pistol to rev lunge, maybe 12 reps. Can’t believe I made it thru one continual, alternating sets w/out touching down foot or hand once in the pistols! When sick! Helped knowing I was only planning to do 1 round this way.
Rnd 3 w/ thigh band, squat to curtsy lunge. orange xband
Rnd 4 purple xband +8lb vest
3. Other side
4. Mat jumps
Plank Jacks 20x 1=1
5. Kettlebell Swings 35lbs 12x I split up the last move b/c wanted to use my one & only kb which is too heavy for OH triceps, for me.
6. Alternate fwd lunge w/ OH tricep 12x ea arm rnds 1&2 10lbs (red xband), Rnd 3 I dropped the band b/c I wasn’t sure it was doing much here, and added the 8lb vest. I’d originally been planning to wear that this whole set (see cross out), but circumstances being what they were…
Circuit 2: 4 Rounds (@30min) √, √, √, √
1. Ski squat to right side plies 12x rnd 1 – no added weight, rnd 2 – left ankle weights on, rnd 3 – 8lb vest & orange xband, rnd 4 – vest & ankle weights
2. Other side 12x
3. R. Reverse Lunge (Under Hand) & press up, come fwd w/ knee lift
to Overhead Press 12x rnds 1&2 10s, rnds 3&4 dropped to 8lbs ea hand, + vest
4. L. Reverse Lunge (Over Hand) same move dif hand grip
To Overhead Press 12x as above
5. Pass under Squat w/Alternating Side Leg Lift 12x/Side rnds 1&2 5lb ankle weights & 10lb weight. Rnd 3, same but with vest. Rnd 4 w/ ppl xband + vest. I could’ve saved some time using all band instead of my ankle weights, which are kind of clunky to get off and (especially) on. Orange band might be better for this move tho.
Checked the time @ this point, after refilling my water, and I was an hour and 10 in. I decided I’d finish b/c exercising was my only real goal for the day. (The cat stuff appears to be moving forward on its own. I did my show follow up the two days after but Charlie has been making plans for another show. I did email another breeder today for advice though. C found her website. The judge who picked Theo for best kitten told me I should contact this particular person for breeding advice / possible stud service. Oooh this must’ve been a 5 minute break….
Circuit 3: 4 Rounds (@54min) √, √, √, √ time = 33:20
1. Alternate Side Lunge w/Squat in Center 12x/Side Rnd 1 – vest only, Rnds 2-4 holding 5lb weights,
2. RL fwd lunge, pulling down.Step back to plie, bow & arrow arms (arm in front out straight, back arm pulls back) 12x rnd 1 – vest + green egnergy band & when I stepped fwd & pulled down I was pulling band behind head, rnd 2 – red egnergy band & this time the pull was more OH, knuckles facing each other & pulling in opp directions. rnd 3 – 5lb weights
3. Other side
4. RL elevated 5x Plies Pulse to 10x Mountain, alt 10x 2=1 Using 13″ bench for my elevation – didn’t like this move. After 4th round I changed to doing all the remaining pulses one side, the other side & then all the remaining mt climbers.
Rnds 2-4, 25 pulses ea side, 50 climbers hands on the floor (1=1), repeat. Still hated this move for whatever reason but I could really feel the pulses in the high teens….
Got to this point at 1hr48!!! Was v sweaty & cold in a 70 degree room. I said I’m sick right? Whatever. I took a break & decided to finish w/ the abs intervals, unpreviewed, along w/ the video.
Bonus: Abs 10/50 8 Rounds (2x’s)
1. Heel taps to floor
2. Crunch knees to Chest then Straighten & Lift into Air
3. Crunch Feet in & Press Out w/Alternate Twist
4. Reg Bicycles
5. Crunch pulse – feet in air rnd 1 on floor rnd 2
6. Side Crunch 1st round, 2nd rnd v-ups
7. Other side
8. Straight abs or full sit-ups – was HARD that 2nd round to get all the way up there. I hadda jerk it up a little.
And then I skipped the video stretch cool down & basically all stretching except a 5second virasana (cracked my ankles) and supta v. I was already over 2 hours & I know by now I won’t stiffen up that much unless I carry on like this days in a row.
It’s a good thing I didn’t know ahead of time that recovering from the cat show would take longer than the event itself. I am both with cold and afflicted with severe melancholy.
See what a nice sentence I can form?
And she took over for this guy…
Sean is 46. I just checked. That’s lucky for his future job prospects. #sexism square roots with #ageism. It’s amplified in certain industries though, tech being the worst, from what I’ve heard and read. Design anywhere in the fashion / garment industry is close on its heels though. Only a fool (me) would attempt a career shift past the age of 40 there, not unless at the very top of some sort of power heap. At that age, you stay put until they’re done with you – toe the line, kiss some ass.
I was never good at either of those things. Anyone who knows me well will tell you that. You’re just TOO rebellious, a former yoga friend once said.