Well, I got the Polar going again via putting a new battery in the watch, and that might’ve been it. I can see where it’s going to be extremely difficult to make any more than a couple battery changes on the strap though, and while I’d ordered batteries for it, I also got a Wahoo TICKR. First of all, it’s cheaper than the cheapest Polar, and I’m sick of repurchasing them. Secondly it was recommended by my triathlete former boss, Trish, and I trust her judgment. That’s what she uses. Last of all, you don’t have to wear a watch on your wrist, and it sometimes gets in the way working out, mostly in yoga but also if I want to wear wrist weights to bump up some arm moves a little bit.
So I’m going to try it out, but not for yoga. I know! I know. I could use it, but I’m doing the last of this Julia holiday series. Seems like it’ll be a little less intense than #11, thankfully.
I’d guess that I burned 700-800ish.
50:10 Warm Up (5 min)
1. Plank Walk out Pushup
2. Lunge and Twist
3. Prisoner Jacks
5. 1 box squat 1 box Squat Jump
Weighted HIIT: 50:10 3x (12 min)
1. Burpee Split Lunge Snatch (keep alt legs) 15s
2. Backload Alt Step up to Squat sandbag
3. Alt Fallen triangle + 2 dips +t-stand 2 dips Didn’t come back to plank bet dip styles. I did 2 dips in fallen triangle, then moved my bottom foot & stacked the top to do 2 more reg t-stand dips.
4. Broad Jump Clean & Press Bunny Hop back 20s I did 4x bunny hops & then stayed low b4 the broad jump, so standing up straight in the clean was a rest 4 my legs!
Circuit: 5 reps – 5x (little rest between moves) √, √, √, √, √ Surprised when I caught up w/ the vid I was only 7min behind. So I procrastinated more!
1. Hang Cleans 20s
2. Double DB Rows (5 renegade rows 2=1 / 5 Double wide rows 1=1) 20s
3. Burpee Clean & Press 20s first round then dropped to 15s. There’s enuff clean & press in this WO! lol
4. DB Split Lunge to Switch Lunge (2=1) 15s first round then dropped to 10s
Bodyweight HIIT: 50:10 x2 (8 min)
1. SL Downdog to Spiderman to updog (switch on 2nd round)
2. Squat 3 Pulse + box Squat Jumps These were KILLER w/o standing up straight after landing from box jump, but sinking immediately to a hover before the 3 pulses. My hip flexors have been really sore lately too, particularly the left.
3. Incline Tricep Pushup burpee box jump
4. Rocket Step Up to Switch Lunge
Paused for a minute hanumanasana (split) on ea side. I needed to stretch my legs!
Tabata Pairs: (8 min)
1. Rev Grip Pushup wide bi curl 15s
2. SL DL to Bicep Curl 15s
2. Squat Hammer Front Raise 10s
Finisher: Combo Move Pyramid Finisher 5-1
1. Staggered Pushup, Plank Row, SA Clean and Press, SA Snatch, SA Swing 20 LOVED this. Hard on the swings! That was the last move & I usually use 15 for SA. Since I use 35 for kettlebell tho, I guess it’s time to bump up (tho I can’t afford a heavier kettlebell or a barbell….)
2. Bulgarian – DL – SL Pushup – SL glute raise 15s