Previewed the first couple circuits of this a few days ago & picked it for my workout today. I like doing lots of reps w/ lower weights / bodyweight. I do change some moves tho. This routine was really heavy on biceps, for instance, so I modified some of the combos for more variety in targeted muscles.
This was fun. I like playing around with all my bands, some of which I’d never otherwise touched.¹
Circuit 1: 3 Rounds @7:04 Skipped the warm-up. I’d just done the morning’s litter box & kitchen trash emptying chores & that woke my body up enough. Plus I’d had 2 rest days.
1. Plies Squat Out (right) w/Right Bicep Curl – Turn Right (hold) Reverse Lunge w/shoulder press & wood chop Left 10x 10lbs
2. Plies Squat Out (left) w/left Bicep Curl – Turn Left (hold) Reverse Lunge w/Shoulder Press & wood chop Right 10x 10lbs
3. Double tricep kick backs 10s Bend over a bit for kickback position. Go straight back w/ palms facing in & then pulse up w/ palms facing the ceiling Changed this from another bicep move b/c there’s so much biceps in this WO.
Switch lunges, pressing weights up & down 20x 5s, but dropped to just wrist weights at rep 12 on the first round b/c couldn’t keep that pace. Stuck w/ wrist weights through rounds 2 & 3 but could’ve picked up 3s and kept up Rather than doing single arm, I just used a really light weight
Circuit 2: 3 Rounds @18:04 +8lb vest
1. (rnd 1 13″ bench, way too hard @ that height lol, rnd 2 on the floor) Squat down right (Floor) Left Bicep Curl – Knee lift & left Elbow to knee Right Reverse Bench lunge w/left shoulder press & up 10x 10lbs
2. Other side
3. (lightest crossfit long band lilac) V-up to Hovering Star Crunch 10x Hold in Hover & shoulder press 10x
Cross Hand Walk Push-up/5x Plank Jack – Hop in Thigh Burner Squat right Then left 6x forgot how damned annoying my vest is for moves that you hop into plank & it tries to strangle your boobs
Circuit 3: 3 Rounds Hadn’t previewed this round & it made a difference!!
1. Right Arm Swing to Snatch (hold up) Kneel Down/Up
Front to Bench Lunge w/shoulder press 10x Rnd 1 – 15, Rnd 2 – 2lb wrist weights & a 10lb, Rnd 3 10lbs only
2. Left Arm Swing to Snatch (hold up) Kneel Down/Up
to Front Bench Lunge w/Shoulder Press 10x
3. (Floor or Ball) Arms Out – Palms Face Down 3x Pulse up then down 10x 10s
Jumping Jack w/single arm overhead pull right 10x/left 10x Rnd 1 – 5, rnds 2&3 – 10lbs
Circuit 4: 3 Rounds
1. High Lunge (right leg front) Lean forward 3x’s Palms behind back Pulse Bend back knee to lunge & pull arms down to side (bent elbows) 10x Rnd 1 – 5s, Rnd 2 – lilac crossfit band, Rnd 3 – orange beachbody band w/ handles – this was the best option tho heavy for the arm move of 2nd move.
2. High Lunge (left leg front) Lean Forward 3x’s thumbs face up/palms out& pulse back/press out in front in linewith chest 10x
3. Squat w/ Bicep Curl – Up & Raise bar overhead to extension 10x
Ball Drop Catch Low Squat – Hop to plank 4x oblique mountain climbers to Heel Click Jack 8x
Bonus: 5/30 3 Rounds Michele does great abs. So many people don’t believe in rounds of crunches anymore. I love them!
1. Feet together (knees wide) off floor – Lift shoulders off & small crunch
2. Reverse Table Top 100’s pulse
3. Legs in Air – Lift shoulders off floor & small pulse
4. Hold shoulders off – lower legs alternating down then up Loved this one in particular.
5. Hold off floor & 100’s
6. Left Side to band or dumbbell – Roll up & twist over to right side
7. Right Side to band or dumbbell – Roll up & twist over to left side
Time – 1:29
And then I skipped the video cooldown & stretch, like I always do, but literally did only a 1min stretch on my own before picking up all my equipment with, I swear I’ll do a yoga practice tomorrow
¹[P90X2 – the silly waste of money, where they went from the basic, original program of P90X to trying to sell you every prop under the sun – that’s where I got the bands that have the one handle between them. It’s a pain in the ass to change the handles from one band to another, especially when taking them off the heaviest. Not a practical design to begin with. But if you had a move you knew you liked ’em for & needed to pack a suitcase…]