Had been planning to tack on the glutes section of this WO to last Thursday’s Astanga, but but I got too busy w/ cat show prep for a full 2-hour WO. The yoga took 90min (like usual for even a chop-chop practice) and I really needed to stop what I was doing to get ready.
Now that I have a job and (temporarily) a long commute, because I’ll be getting there & back via two buses, I’ll do long WOs only on weekends. If I have the energy on Friday nights, once in awhile I might get an hour in, but then at least the first couple weeks I’ll probably be more interested in celebrating.
Maybe I’ll do a half hour in the evening once in awhile. Was thinking that when I finished the two cardio circuits I started with. And since I won’t want to waste as much time previewing new routines all the time, perhaps I can spend more time with each one. For example I could do just the circuits and a little jump-rope and stretch one night from this routine, and another I could repeat the abs and/or the glutes section.
Previewing wasn’t “wasting” time when I had time to kill, but you have to change your strategies to meet the circumstances. Novelty is fine except for when efficiency is demanded.
Ultimate Freestyle Booty WO (rearranged)
Part 2: Circuit 1 – 10/50 10 rounds @ about 32:55 in vid. +8lb vest
1. Right Side Lunge to Right Front Kick 10s. If repeating hold 15 or 20 in the non punching arm.
2. (Weight in Left Hand) Hop to Plank – Row, push-up to SA front raise w/ squat I was using 2 weights. Did this move w/ hands on both weights for 1st round & then staggered push-up the 2nd.
3. Left Side Lunge to Left Front Kick (weight in right hand)
4. (Weight in Right Hand) Hop to Plank – Row, push-up to SA front raise w/ squat
5. (on bench) Hop down, hop back up & side leg lift, alt. I did both legs hop up b/c my bench is 13″, not a shorter box like M has.
Circuit 2: 10/50 10 rounds I’ll give myself 15sec when I repeat this b/c of time for backload.
1. Plies Squat – Turn Right/left arm press across (10) & right arm press overhead (15)
2. Left Leg Squat out wide to curtsy BL sandbag
3. Plies Squat – Turn Left/right arm press across & left arm press overhead
4. Right Leg Squat out wide to curtsy
5. (Alternate) Squat Wide to Front Bench Lunge to 1 Legged Push-up (Repeat)
Abs: 5/30 6 rounds (each group) This was the burnout @ about 56:30 in vid. I decided to just keep it in the middle so I wouldn’t have to jump around too much in the YouTube clip. But I decided to add a single 10/50 jump rope interval before each ab set, just to keep the HR going a little longer.
1.Right Side Plank – Reach overhead then underneath lilac band
2. Roll to Left Side – Right V-Up Crunch
3. Left Side Plank –Reach overhead then underneath
4. Roll to Right Side – Left V-up Crunch
5. Weighted V-Up to Knee Crunch 10 Next time add 2lb ankle weights & maybe drop the hand-held dumbbell.
6. Competition Sit-up 10
Plank – Tap knees to floor I still just love regular, old crunches I did this w/ toes under 15lb weights & crunching up to 75%, about, to keep the work in the abs. Could do this set w/ 5lb ankle weights to make the 2nd move extra special for glutes & top of hamstrings.
8. Hyperextension On floor. I did mine w/ feet off the floor, arms reaching fwd & pulling back. I call these “Swimmers”.
Part 1: Glutes, 5/50 8 rounds @ about 6:55 in vid. 5lb ankle weights & 5lbs behind knee
1. (Elbow/knees) Donkey kick
2. (Elbow/knees) Donkey kick Press up 2x/down 2x
3. (Elbow/knees) Donkey pulse
4. Right Reverse Lunge (Next time grab 20s, Stationary, not stepping back.)
(Repeat on Left leg)
5/50 8 rounds 5lb ankle weights
1. Kneeling – Right Leg Straight – Up & over
2. (on right hand) – Hydrant, pull knee to shoulder, back to hydrant & down
3. (on right hand) – Knee to shoulder & tap back behind opp knee.
4. Right Reverse Lunge, stepping out @ 45deg angle Picked up the 15s here.
(Repeat on Left Leg)
5/50 10 rounds
1. Lay on Floor – Right leg lower & tap heel to floor
2. Knee to front & then kick out to angle toward back (changed this one slightly)
3. Clam Shell 10 resting on top thigh
4. Pulse right leg straight up
5. Right Reverse Cross Over Lunge
(Repeat on Left leg)
Got to here @ 1:14 & felt refreshed rather than depleted.