Once again I didn’t feel like doing a traditional Astanga. Had something to do with the fact I designed non-stop my entire weekend.
But I was sore so I started with some yoga! 31:35, then a break for notes & donning sneakers.
|Suryas & Standing Fundamentals||w/ the five handstands & the standing arches in the 5 Surya no weights. Hanuman & Samakona. Two 5-breath handstands @ the end|
|First 3 poses of primary||And vinyasa out|
Summer Shred #15
Buy in: Handstand Push Ups x5 @2:22
Part 1 – Butt & Legs – Time Challenge
- short squat (x3) / heel raise (x3)/ jump squat (x3) / x10 sets two 20lb dumbells
- KB swing / jump tuck x10 35lb kettlebell
- Laying Hip Raise with Abduction x20ppl x-band
- KB Side to side squat / Squat Heel raise (x2)/ KB Squat twist (x2) / x 10 sets (power band) ppl x-band & 26lb kettlebell No preview & the ppl band was super heavy for this, so I paused the vid & did the reps super slow w/ breaks where necessary
Part 2 – Hiit Cardio – 10/30×6=4min
- Jump rope high Knees
- Jump Lunge
- Jump rope DBUs
- Sump Jump Squats Not sure I did this right as I stuck w/ the breakdown but didn’t notice this. I did 2 bunny hops & a deep, butt to calves squat w/ another jump exit.
- Jump rope high knees
- Burpees rock star jump
Part 3 – Upper Body & ABS x2 Took a break here to get vid just before the 4th move to take another break & prev when I got there. Turned music back on!-
- Hanging knee raise to leg raise x10 doubled reps for 2 rounds of this & next move
- Plank sliders x10
- Chin Ups x5
- Plank Slide Knee Tuck Push Up x10 alt.
Have no idea what my time was b/c I had a minutes long gap after the yoga, but no matter.
Two 10/60 urdhva Ds at wall w/ equal breaks after each, then coming to stand & 5 v messy but ok feeling dropbacks. Paschimo. A few finishing poses.