I might well keep the Zgym even when Julia starts posting more videos again. Last WO of hers that I tried was a super intense spot-toning that wasn’t really for me, but also, she’s using a lot heavier weights now & I don’t have access to that. Also, even with my lighter weights, I just didn’t want to hammer the glutes over and over – to the exclusion of everything else.
Perhaps I just don’t want to work out as hard as Julia’s workouts demand anymore! Not on a regular basis anyway. I don’t have the time or inclination.
Lower Body with Dumbbells – Time Challenge = 6:05
- Backward lunge kick ups (reach down toward front leg w/ same arm as leg that’s lunging back. When you stand & kick fwd, punch w/ opp arm) x 10/10 15s
- One Arm DB front Squat heel raise / One Arm DB overhead jump lunge with heel raise x 5/5 Weight goes in the same hand as leg that’s lunging back. 15lbs
- One Arm DB Side Lunge Knee Up DB Overhead x 10/10 15lbs
- Jump Lunge DB Twist x20 20lbs held goblet style @ chest. Do a switch lunge & then twist toward bent front leg.
Cardio HIIT 15/50×6=6:30min
15/35 intervals Decided to up the working interval for this set.
- JR high knees
- Plank Jack Push Up with Power band ppl band
- JR DBUs I’m still bouncing like 5x before I double-under & an interval this long maxes me out for sure. But it’s good. Took a little break when I saw I’d hit 177 HR. I turned on the AC as soon as I got upstairs but still almost 80 and muggy.
- Curtsy lunge leg lift with Power Band orng band
- JR high knees
- Squat jump jacks with power band ppl band
ABS & Upper Body – Time Challenge
- Push Up with L-Kick x 5/5 Stay on ball of one foot. Other leg kicks out to the side on the down & kicks up (glute lift) on the up
- Pull Up / Chin up x2 sets Did the mid air switch & got back up the first time, not the 2nd. Good to know!
- Elbow Side Plank Jack knife x 10/10 Top arm & leg come fwd in front of body to meet, then back while u arch ur back.
Buy Out: 3 Minute Plank Intervals 10/50 seconds
Time = 22:42
- Urdhva D @ wall, single 10/60 intervals followed by rests of equal length, 2x. Then coming to stand & 3 drop backs
- Some finishing