My right knee felt a lot better this morning, after having been careful of it the past few days. At first I was going to do a lower body BodyRock I’d recently detailed, but no. Too stiff! So stiff that I wanted to start off with stretching, but not do any more than the introductory part of Ashtanga. I’ve neglected it completely for months now.
- Suryas, w/ standing backbends, & fundamentals, w/ a Hanuman / Samakona in there, and the two, 5-breath handstands @ the end. First 3 poses of primary.
- Time = 29:06
- Time for this set: 32:03
- The first set of this routine, which I did last Friday, is definitely the hardest, but it took Julia 37min to my 56. Granted I was using clunkier, slow-ya-down equipment & a heavy weight, for me, for one SA move.
Regular pyramid 5-1 full reps each move. (Do 5 reps moves 1-3, then 4 etc.)
1. Clean and press + star jump 20s (one clean & press & one jump = 1 rep)
2. Decline shoulder taps + face melters 2 shlder taps & 2 melters (alt feet) = 1
3. Pike push-up + plank jack + bear row 20s Bear position was ok on the knee, tho I found this move super awkward
Tabata pairs @ 45:45
1. Pushups + bent rows 20s
2. Alt SA clean & press-up
snatches 26lb kettlebell
1. Weighted heel clicks + lateral raises 10s + 2lb wrist weights
2. Dive bombers + box jumps
Leg finisher from JTM Fit 3x @55
DL 10 reps 35lb & 26lb kettlebells, switching hands ½ way thru
Rev lunges x10, alt legs 1=1 BL sandbag
Weighted squat jump 10 reps 26lb kettlebell This was tough w/ only the lightest bell!!!
Virasana, Supta V, Malasana & a few other things.