This was supposed to be a recovery WO but I worked harder than anticipated, after a slow and gentle start. But this was mostly about avoiding areas of potential pain or tweakiness. Left elbow is the worst area of gimp, bu then right ankle got persnickety toward the end of the 2nd set, that I did w/ equal intervals of jump rope. Deep sigh. Anyway I got a WO in, and feel better for it. It’s a gloomy day here – dark, chilly and wet. One of those PNW fall days where the sun never quite makes a full appearance.
I’ll do Astanga tomorrow if the left arm seems like it can handle it. And I have to find out that last possible day to post the last Julia contest video. I might delay it longer than Sunday if I can.
Total Body Home Workout
- First round, with video is 30/50, but not even as one set set, with shorter intervals of cardio. M made moves 1-5 the warm-up. I did high knees & then all jugglers. Moves 6-16 I followed M & did either high knees or switch lunges.
- 2nd round I added an equal interval of jump rope (easy jog) before every #d move, 15/45×32=32min.
- In/Out Squat standing up to squeeze in middle. 2nd rnd picked up 26lb kettlebell
- Knee to Elbow-Right / V-abs 3lb bet feet. The standing move in vid was obliques but I was getting too much hip flexor, so I took it to the floor for round 2
- Other side
- Tricep, Star-Jump Burpee / Squat Jumps
- Rev lunge to high kick back to switch lunge Butt Kicks
Elevator Plank-Right LOVED!!! I’d been planning on doing a slider pike abs for move 12, but these were so challenging I changed my mind!
- Elevator Plank-Left
- Angle Abs / Temple Tap Abs 2nd rnd, another M move I love.
- Single Leg Hip Thrust-Right
- Single Leg Hip Thrust-Left
- Sumo Pulse 2nd rnd picked up 45lb kettlebell
- Urdhva D, @ wall
- Side Plank Stretch-Rotating
- Runner’s Lunge Lift-Right As if I weren’t gimpy enough right now. Everything’s falling apart! I haven’t even mentioned the Dental Drama on this blog but… At this point I had to stop jump rope b/c right ankle did something weird after move 13, and a stretch didn’t help enough. For remainder of cardio I did: step-up, knee up (before 15), then rocket lunges (before 16)
- Runner’s Lunge Lift-Left
- Alt pistols
March in Place
Followed this up with some yoga asana