I got 2 complete WOs outta this one routine, lol.
OK here’s the rest of Michele’s last routine in mish-mash order. I was supposed to do yoga today, but I didn’t start my WO until about 3pm and hadn’t eaten anything so couldn’t keep my body warm. Decided to start w/ the 4th part b/c the moves looked a bit more full body than Part 3.
Part 4: x3 @1:01 √, √, √ – 24min w/ notes
1. RA Snatch – RL commando dwn & up w/ weight OH – LL Fwd Lunge & weight comes down, then press up as you’re returning to standing 10x 15lbs was more than enough here.
2. Right Hand Kettlebell Swing 10x 26lb kettlebell first 2 rounds. 3rd round to the 35lb kettlebell = better.
3. LA Snatch – RL commando dwn & up w/ weight OH – RL Fwd Lunge & weight comes down, then press up as you’re returning to standing 10x
4. Left Hand Kettlebell Swing 10x
5. Pendulums 20x 2=1. In down dog, hop kick legs out to sides, alternating. 3rd rnd added red Xband, above knees. Above ankles next time. Or do mat jumps, which seem more challenging & dynamic, when less gimped. Started doing them today & the left ankle did something dramatic.
Part 3: x3 @ 47:30
1. OH Tricep Extension – Right rev Lunge (twist weight To front knee) Right Side Lunge (weight press front) 10x 5s & 2lb wrist weights. I did weights held together, evenly.
2. Other side
3. Arms – Side Raise (palms face front) Press back then lower down 12x 5s & 2lb wrist weights. (Maybe add a band for the pull-back motion?)
4. Arms – Front Raise Wide (turn palms to face) Touch together – Out & lower down (+ press back) 12x 5s & 2lb wrist weights.
5. Arms – Cross in Front of Chest & straight out to sides 12x 5s & 2lb wrist weights. This was actually a bit too heavy, just w/ the added 2lbs around the wrist, but I struggled thru w/ first 2 rounds, just not extending arms as much. Didn’t want to bother removing & putting back on!
Bonus: Abs & Thighs 10/50 12 rounds (1x) @ 1:18 No ankle weight this time.
1. Rev curls 3lb bet feet
2. Pull Right Knee in (L. Elbow to knee) – Left knee in & hand to foot Got this move this time~
3. Left Side Plank Knee Lift to Overhead Reach (5lb dumbbell) I stacked my feet here, like last time. I almost always do in side plank.
4. Lying leg lift, bottom leg bent 1st rnd – 10lb on thigh. 2nd rnd – orng Xband
5. Knee taps in front & leg extends back @ angle, like last time, 10lb dumbbell – kinda too heavy & not comfortable. 2nd rnd used orng band & rolled body a bit fwd but too much emphasis on hip flexor, when pulling knee fwd. NEXT TIME: Change to standing kickbacks, band below knees.
6. Buzz Saw Plank
7. Lay on Back – Pull Feet in & Crunch – Press Out to hover
8. Pull Left Knee in (R. Elbow to knee) – Right Knee in & hand to foot
9. Right Side Plank Knee Lift to Overhead Reach (5 lb dumbbell)
10. Right Side – Lower top leg to floor & raise up (Heel leads down)
11.5. Knee taps in front & leg extends back @ angle, like last time, 10lb dumbbell – too heavy
12. Glute Bridge (Up 2 & hold a beat /Down quick)
A bit of the easy, wonderful stuff to close.