Tailoring things to my current level
Yesterday I took a rest day… I’d intended to do yoga but so far I can’t get myself to it more than once a week, despite my best intentions. I did take a walk up the hill to Council Crest carrying Theo though. (I’d thought she felt more substantial but no, still only 5.8lbs.)
And still I only wanted ½ of a Julia WO. I previewed that much of it yesterday and had already decided I didn’t want to do the whole thing at once. I’d rather move as slow as I wanna. And ya, 106 push-ups is enough for one WO!!
Warm-up: 10/30×6=4min jump rope
HIIT Pairs & Burpees by Meghan K, pt 1
All Pairs 50/10 2x through with Burpees between EACH Round so ends up being 20 burpees per SET
Set #1: Sets 1 & 2 I used my interval timer to give myself an extra 5sec to get backloaded. Sets 2, 4 & 5 I used gymboss so I could see my HR.
1) Backload Curtsy Lunge RL sandbag
2) Backload Curtsy Lunge LL
15 Tricep Kickback Burpees one tricep push-up & one bent over kickback @ top / And 2nd round 5 tricep kickback burpees. 10s
1) Wt Squat Pulse to Squat Jump 26lb kettlebell. Go down for the pulse. Jump & land. Straighten & squeeze = 1 rep.
Halo Slams 35lb kettlebell. Since my heaviest dumbbell is 20lbs. Swings w/ 35lbs are still challenging, in 50sec intervals. I could’ve used my 45 here but… I wanted to work only medium-hard intensity, which is halving the WO to start and choosing my weights accordingly.
10 Iron Leg Burpees Normal push-up @ the bottom. Come up & 2 switch lunges / 2 jump squat cross
1) Reverse Lunge RL BL sandbag
2) Reverse Lunge LL
15 Frog Pushup Burpee and 2nd round 5 frog pushup burpees. Back, fwd, back.
1) ManMaker 20s. I’d totally have punked out & done 15s if these were for reps! Got 6 push-ups in first time.
2) Pendulum Forward & hop!/Backward Jump & hop, then Switch Lunge, bodyweight Forgot the hops (except the switch lunges) when I did.
10 Bicep Burpees 15s. Palms face fwd. Bicep push-up @ bottom & come up for bicep curl
1) Plank hop / clean and press 20s
2) Deep Squat 45lb kettlebell. This would’ve been better as BL sandbag but I didn’t wanna backload by this point.
15 star jump and jack pushup burpees and then 5 star burpees
Time here 1:01. Ya the only thing that got me thru set 5 was knowing it was my last for the day’s session. If I was just closing in on ½ way thru I’d have wanted to kill myself, lol.
For next time:
1)Fwd Lunge to DL to Bk Lunge RL
2) Forward Lunge to DL to Reverse Lunge LL
10 dive bomber burpeesSet
1) Alt SA snatch
2) Decline clean and press burpee
15 Back Fly Burpee and 2nd round 5 back fly burpees
1)Chest press leg lift
2) Switch lunge SA clean and press
10 decline burpees
Set #9 :
1) DB Push press + Alt curtsy lunge
2) Alt. increasing Renegade Row plank and bent
15 burpee box jump and 2nd round 5 burpee box jumps
1) RL step up lunge back
2) LL Step up lunge back
10 burpee DL 20s