Hadn’t done a Velvet Hammer in a little while, and I needed a WO that I wasn’t going to have time to preview. Sometimes this takes me even longer, b/c I insist upon stopping after sets to note what weights I’ve chosen. If I preview, I have a good idea of what’ll be good to start off with, at least.
I think this is my fave WO I’ve done from Mackenzie! It was designed for mostly lighter bells, so I challenged myself a lot w/ my 26, which is the lightest I own. I used single dumbbells otherwise.
Flows- 1:00/15 2 rounds
- Squat Clean and
PivotPress with Curtsy L 26lb kettlebell
- Other side
- SA Deadlift + Row + Clean and Press L 26lb kettlebell
- Other side
- Low Squat Bicep Curl Back Lunge (Alt) 26lb kettlebell
- Row & Back Lunge (opp leg to rowing arm) / Front Curtsy Lunge (keep same supporting leg) alt sides 26lb kettlebell. Confusing 1st rnd trying to follow along. I decided on my own thing for 2nd rnd & didn’t look at the screen.
Intervals 45:15 2 rounds
- Shuffle + Upright Row 26lb kettlebell
- Cross-Body Snatch (Alt) 20
- Scissor + Hammer Curl L 20
- Burpee SLDL (w/ push-up, both legs DL @ top) 35lb kettlebell
- Scissor + Hammer Curl R 20
PivotClean and Press 26lb kettlebell
Reps 2 (or more!) sets of 10 reps I was using heavy weights (for me) & started taking a lotta rests here. Did 2nd rnd from breakdown. Sat down for a bit after both sides of surrender!! HR kept hitting 170.
- Clean and Curtsy L-10 26lb kettlebell
- Surrenders-L 10 26lb kettlebell
- Clean and Curtsy R-10 26lb kettlebell
- Surrenders-R 10 26lb kettlebell
- Rows L-10 26lb kettlebell
- Iso Leg Lunges L-10 35lb kettlebell (weight opp hand back leg)
- Rows R-10
- Iso Leg Lunges R-10
Interval Finisher 40/10 2 rounds
- Squat Swing to Reverse Lunge 26lb kettlebell (I could’ve done 35 here but I was tired)
- T-arm Raise Hip Dip L 10
- KB Burpee with 2bl Knee Tuck 35lb kettlebell
- T-arm Raise Hip Dip R
- SA Power Clean L 20. Tried picking up my 26lb bell, the lightest I have, but I’d done a lot of cleans & SA presses w/ it already & nope.
- Pass Under Lunges Alt 26lb kettlebell
- SA Power Clean R
- DL I’d done the pass unders alt the 1st rnd so kept it, so I could use my heaviest bell someplace in this routine. Was good to do less back lunges anyway b/c my LL had done something a little weird at one point during the previous set.
Did it w/ the video! I’m turning over a new leaf, lol. One the one hand it’s lazier than figuring out my own stretches / asana. On the other it’s not if I’d neglect stretching otherwise.