Wasn’t the fault of the routine I chose! I blame the antibiotics I have to take constantly to stave off losing my front tooth, just a little bit longer. #PodunkianProblems
Unsuccessfully trying to work around the gimp
Wanted to do Astanga, but then my left elbow was aching while I was just lying in bed last night. So then I was going to repeat one of the Michele WOs I did recently where my monitor had crapped out, but it seemed like both had more than one section that’d bother my left elbow problem. So I decided to 1) smoke pot and procrastinate some more and 2) look for something different. M likes to do pretty much every routine as full body, which is a lot of fun but not ideal if you’re trying to avoid gimpy areas.
I’d like to try the yoga tomorrow. If I can’t, b/c of the elbow thing, I could rest a day and try again Friday, maybe. #sigh
Warm-up: 10/30c6=4min jump rope, easy jog.
Superset 1, 3x
- Squat & alt curtsy. BL sandbag. And unfortunately I could really feel it in the left elbow loading and unloading. Did it anyway.
- Slider lateral lunge touchdown 1st rnd – 26lb kettlebell. 2nd rnd – 35lb bell. 3rd rnd – 45lb bell. But I had to do it in sets of 5/5 w/ a rest in between. Other two rounds I could pass it from one hand to the other & get thru both sides. Interestingly, I could tell w/ the heaviest weight only that the right side, my dominant, is weaker right now. At least for this move.
SL Superset 2, 3x
- Goblet Bulgarian. x10 ea leg. 35lb kettlebell
- BW plyo SL box squat. x10 ea leg. power up!
Superset 3, 3x
- Calf raise. x20, 2x with rest in the middle. Was gonna use BL sandbag, but after I knew it was aggravating one of my 3 tweaks, Swapped that to one hand holding 45 bell, the other the 35lb. Switching bet ea half, ea round. I only reached failure in the grip strength of the hand holding the heavier bell. 2nd rnd I tried holding the sandbag w/ both hands, arms extended. Also changed from parallel feet to pigeon toes, just for variety. 3rd rnd – toes pointed out. Ugh…. supposed to be dlb failure w/ barbell but I don’t have either a barbell or heavy enough weights. I’d be here too long & HR would go right back to resting. Also I don’t have weight plates!
- Romanian DL 21s. 45lb kettlebell w/ 2lb wrist weights. Was gonna use the 5s but they are harder to work with. 1st rnd – stood on blocks for deficit but decided that was too much & did rnds 2 & 3 on floor.
BW Banded Tabata Pair, x1 ppl Xband
Time (with warm-up) Just under 53min. Estimated was an hour, but written with a barbell this WO is intended for much heavier weight!
Wasn’t going to stretch. Decided I should, in light of everything, and did some timed asana. In karna pidasana, I got the upper abs cramp that’s been happening lately, for the first time ever, if I do the pose without that much preliminary stretching (like an astanga practice for instance). My left foot cramped at the same damned time. Great.