Well! I’ve had a very productive Saturday so far.
- A Saturn / Mars spell outside in the magic circle (after my daily chant to Ganesh & LBRP), because is the deck is stacked against you, sometimes you just need to give it a little, metaphysical nudge.
- Typography, for the album cover I also illustrated. Did 6 different text treatments & DropBoxed them to client.
- Watering: greenhouse, herb garden, southern side strip of roses & grass. Got the cats outside for it & did some Insta.
- Harvested some wild garlic from the magic circle.
- Did some reading. Am really enjoying my current read. So well written. And by a PDX based author!
I can’t tell if I’m getting lazier or smarter, but knowing that I’m going to Astanga tomorrow (which takes close to 2 hours) & the beautiful weather… I was gonna do another, milder looking Zgym set, but the two kicked my ass & I thought “Suryas & fundamentals (yoga)!” and then, meh, let’s stretch for like 5 min & take a shower.
15/45 +8lb vest
- 180 Jump to Competition Burpee
- Mat Jumps
Plank Jack TransformersI just hate this move for whatever reason & she includes them a lot! LOL. Switch.
- Split Jump To Sumo Squat
- Mountain Climber (x4) to Clapping Push Up
- Backward Lunge Front Kick to Curtsy Lunge Side Kick alt.
- One Arm Plank Jump Burpee to Round Kick alt.
- Knee Slider to Cross Plank jump alt.
- Kick – Knee _ Plank Jack Push Ups alt.
- Dive Bomber to Jump Tuck I have to stop making the connection bet elbow & thigh b/c I hit too hard! LOL. Could feel it all the way thru rest of set after only one connect.
- Forward / Back lunge – jump lunge
- Side Lunge Knee tuck (x3) / side lunge jump
- Kneeling Back bends to Jump Squats
- Donkey kick / kick through
- Side Step Push Up to Jump Tuck
- Side Jump Lunge (x3) to Pistol First time doing pistols w/ a weighted vest. Was ok! But probably would be too much w/out the side jump lunge “filler”.
(inspired by) Summer Shred #3 X
Workout Breakdown My time in my pumped up version was 36min, start to finish.
buy in: 8
4 min Tabata – Pull-ups / chin-ups & pike abs on sliders Split Jumps / Mountain Climbers I doubled the time to be a full length tabata & changed the moves, to suit what I felt like working on.
x6 I changed this entire WO! This routine I gave 3 different moves for the first two moves, to repeat each a single time, rather than six times. Was regretting my decision to double this, sidling up the half-way mark, but I made it, with no assistance band.
√, √, √, √, √, √
• Step up, knee up x 20 15s
• Box squat BL sandbag
• SL DL, 10 ea 20s
• Elevated feet – knee to same side elbow then opp elbow alt
Plank Hold – 1 min
• Straight abs – feet under weights
• Rev curls – 3lbs bet feet
Do each of these ab moves 2x for the minute. I used my gymboss set in the single 10/60 interval I typically use for my non-vinyasa yoga poses
DBUs – 10/30 seconds After 6 bounces. Great progress here! I go along & then choke in the last 10 seconds, but that just means that 25 counts or so is current max.
Buy out: Handstand – 1 minute I decided to do mine full balance. This means I was near enough to a wall not to flip but I didn’t touch it w/ my feet once. Caught my balance & held, often feet apart, as long as possible. Came down 3x & got right back up