This was be my 2nd “unmeasured” WO. I guess it’s useful as an experiment in detachment, but shit… Most people depend on gyms or yoga studios, workout buddies and often coaches. I have none of that shit to keep me motivated, not even a regularly updated supply of current exercise clothes. If you work out with other people, this is inspiring.
And so I have a new monitor on the way, even though I shouldn’t because I’m not earning any money, at this point. I was shocked to see the cheapest I can get a Polar strap replacement is $72, and I just got the last one May 26, 2017. I went ahead and ordered the new battery, and then today ordered the other monitor, which is cheaper and newer. It seems like that entire market has really died off though.
Without stats I knew I was going to be unmotivated, but an AMRAP appeals. I can go slow & not extend my WO time too much, other than when I take my breaks! (After every set usually, lol.)
11:08am – 12:55pm, so 1 hour 47min for WO part, plus equipment stowing & stretching….
- Rounds 1 (12 min / reps) – 5 (8min / reps) with breakdown, as that was as far as I’d previewed yesterday.
12 minute (12 reps) 1 full round, then move 1 & 2 dragon lunges
1. Standard burpee w/ push-up
2. Dragon lunge burpee 6/6, sandbag
3. Plank jack Burpee step up 6/leg 15s, no push-up Next time, up weights to 20s and do the push-up.
4. T stand (SA press up) 3 bunny hop burpee @ the top, 6/side 1st rnd – 15s
11 minute (11 reps) +8lb vest 1 full round, 2nd round to 2nd move & 4 on each side for curtsies
1. Deadlift to squat 20s +2lb wrist weights
2. 1&3/4 box squat BL sandbag All the way down, 3/4 up, back down, fully up.
3. Right curtesy to lat leg lift 15s +5lb ankle weights Left these on 4 2nd round to save time. Next time put on @ beginning
4. Left curtesy to lat leg lift
10 minutes (10 reps) 2 full rounds, box jumps, ½ round face melters
1. Plank hop box jump
2. Face melters 10/leg Feet elevated, jogging on & off bench.
3. Lateral box jump oblique plank hop 5/side Hop up. Hop down. Lateral plank hop.
4. Weighted Chair lunges 2=1 20
9 minute (9 reps) 1 full round, 2nd round full on move 1
1. Plank row to t stand 9/side, 10s +2lb wrist weights
2. Reverse lunge and curl 9/side, 10s +2lb wrist weights +8lb vest
3. Hang clean 20s +2lb wrist weights +8lb vest
4. Reverse grip push-ups bi curl 15s
8 minute (8 reps) 2 full rounds. For 3rd round cut all but the swings to 4 b/c wasn’t sure I’d finish. Did the double moves both sides, then 4 more SA swings ea side, then 20 kettlebell swings to the beep.
1. SA swing right 15
2. SA clean and press right 20
Slams 35lb kettle bell
4. SA swing left 15
5. SA clean and press left 20
7 minute (7 reps) Almost 2 rounds. Finished ½ way thru 6th rep of move 4.
1. Rotational chest press 20s
2. Yoga tricep pushup
3. Get up press up tricep extension 10s
4. Tricep pushup tricep kickback 10s
6 minute (6 reps) 1 full round, moves 1,2 & 1 rep of the criss-cross burpee
1. 6 high knee /1 drop and pop= 1 rep
2. Broad jump snatch 20s
3. Criss cross burpees
4. 3 switch lunge handstand
5 minute (5 reps) 1 full round, up to 4 ea side on the split lunge snatches
1. Clean and press 20s
2. Traffic director lunges 5/leg, 10s
3. Split lunge snatches 5/leg, 15s
4. Arnold press 15s
4 minute 4 full rounds, the 5 push-ups & 5 rows ea side (so minus 5 push-ups, NOT full range of motion either, or nose tip to mat)
1. Increasing reps manmaker to step ups 20s Really wanted to drop weight here but satisfied self w/ a note break before starting
3 minute (3 reps) 1 full round & 2 turkish (1 ea side)
1. Turkish Get up right 10
2. Turkish Get up left
3. Clean and press to oh Squat sandbag, but I’d have dropped to 15s if I’d made it thru to here a 2nd time.
1. Bulgarian to bulg hop to Sl push-up 1 min per leg
Very minimal yoga after