I love Julia’s channel. Was trying to think of what WO to do today. I wasn’t in the mood for another Astanga, but I also didn’t want to lift heavy weights. I could feel yesterday’s routine in my shoulders & biceps a bit. The solution? Bodyweight! I looked in the appropriate playlist and to my delight, saw that the first workout in it was purely for time. This is rare for Julia! She goes to her (twice as fast as mine) utmost pace while doing HIIT. I’m much lazier, lol. Doesn’t matter as I know I’ll still get an excellent workout.
What tired looks like
I sat down for a couple minutes every every set. I really didn’t sleep well last night. Had to take a sleeping pill b/c of noise. Guess I should’ve dug up my earplugs instead, but sometimes I need a pill w/ those anyway b/c they’re not comfortable. Have to wham them way deep so they stay in.
Anyway I finished. Sort of screwed myself by taking two rest days in a row at the beginning of the week, but perhaps I’ll get another yoga in tomorrow b/c that’ll be the only thing I might manage! In that case, no big deal.
HIIT at 50:10 repeat each part 3x for 60 minutes of HIIT!
1. Sumo squat jumps + alt front kicks
2. Lizard hops in plank
3. Switch foot mtn climbers
4. Cross jacks My most hated move of the set! I’m not sure why I hate all forms of jumping jacks so much when I love jump rope! Makes no sense.
5. Angry donkeys
1. Plyo pushups + back extensions
2. High knee holds. 5 high knees & then 3 little hops holding up raised knee.
3. Broad jumps + heel grab and butt kick back. Normally I do this move w/ bunny hops back! But since low energy today I did the butt kicks that J was doing
4. Plie squat pulses (5) + hop
5. Alt T stand pushups + leg lift and fwd kick
toe touch. I like to stack my feet in t-stand so kicked top leg fwd after lift, rather than staggering feet & touching bottom foot.
Part 3: This was the hardest set. Oy!
1. Prisioner squat jumping jacks
2. Froggy pushups
3. Alt ski squat jumps
4. Plank jacks (5) + tuck jumps (2)
5. Flutter kick abs I was like, “Yay!!!! abs!!!!” after moves 3 and 4 back to back.
1. Scorpion pushups
2. RL curtsy lunge pulses
3. LL curtsy lunge pulses
4. Kick through burpees
5. Heel click ½ burpees no push-up here, thank gods
1:09 w/ all my breaks
Then a little yoga.