Occurred to me that I could just “get over” the idea that a WO should always be 90min. Wahoo TICKR says I burned 642, so it was probably about half that. That’s ok! Normally I rest on Thursdays. I think maybe I’ll do another Astanga tomorrow, on my birthday.
Banded Superset | 12 reps each, 4x √, √, √, √ orange band. If I do this routine again I might cut it in half and do ppl band here & heavier weights move 2.
1. Side Step Squat (feet start together, step out to 1 side and lower into squat, alternate side steps each rep) BL sandbag
2. Alt Sumo Pulse Box Squat + Full Sit (toes pointed out, lower down to just above bench and pulse x3, rise fully, next rep sit fully on bench and rise, continue alternating each rep- legs wide enough apart to keep tension on glutes throughout) 1st rnd – 35lb kettlebell – too heavy! 20lbs next 3 rounds
Tri-Set | 4 sets √, √, √, √
1.Reverse Lunge + Static Lunge x8/leg (step back into reverse lunge, keeping feet planted rise up, lower back down and then step back to start = 1 rep) BL sandbag
2. KB Sumo DL + Squat Rise x8 (KB held low between legs, toes pointed out, lower down into DL, bend knees to lower into low squat, rise up from squat = 1 rep)
3. KB Sumo Squat + DL Rise x8 (same feet placement as above, opposite movement, lower into squat, straighten legs and rise in DL) 35lb kettlebell – I could’ve used my 20s but the grip was comfy on the bell.
Banded Superset | 4 sets ppl band
1. Hip Thrust + pulse x10 (back on bench, hold at top for 3 count- final rep for a count of 20 sandbag across hips
2. 3-way Abduction x20/way (sit on edge of bench, 3 ways = leaning back, sitting upright, and leaning fwd- keep core tight)
Tri-Set | 3 sets Seems like this set should’ve been first!
1. Dropset: SL Romanian DL x8/weight, reduce weight by ½ and repeat on 1 leg before the other) 1st rnd 20s / 20, next 2 rnds 15s / 20
2. Wide Glute Bridge x20 1st rnd body weight, feet elevated, next 2 rnds feet on floor w/ sandbag
3. Frog Pump x20 (soles of feet together, knees out wide, minimal movement)
Time = 51min Not bad! Only 6min longer than vid.
I’d found this new channel via Fitness Friend Anna. Was gonna do a 15min shoulder but I felt more like abs so did this. Excellent, little burnout! Love her personality too.