Nasty-gram from Batshit this morning. First one I responded, tone diplomatic but terse. Second I deleted. I might have to block her again, over the holidays. She gets extra mean.
In other news my subpar computer equipment is driving ME batshit. I think I’m just going to charge up about $4,200 for a 27″ iMac and a Wacom Pro, which would help me work faster, even if no one is paying for it, as of yet. I know the world thinks I’m a bad investment, a female designer of 50, never mind the fact that I worked steadily and supported myself with ZERO family subsidization, with only a BFA, for 2+ decades in New York City. And I kept my job through the worst parts of the 2008 / 2009 bankster recession when I was freelance and the highest paid member on my team. If that doesn’t demonstrate a lack of effectiveness I don’t know what doesn’t. #sarcasm
Fine. I’ll do it myself, like I always have.
This is definitely a WO I’ll repeat when I even have just one more piece of equipment, or two… 25lb dumbbells. Never mind the sandbag or a plyo platform. Each of those two things are around $200.
6Min EMOM 10 box jumps/ incline push-ups to finish the minute I have a lower elevation than the pregnant J is using here, 13″ to her 16″, though w/ the height difference it’s about the same. I cannot improve on my jumping ability b/c I cannot afford an adjustable plyo platform.
60 box jumps will get you warmed up! I did all my fast & jumping which doesn’t get you a rest in an EMOM.
No rest tabata pair: 20:10 8x
1. Pullover to close grip chest press/ skullcrusher 15s
2. tricep push up+ plank tuck jump/plank hold
Leg Hiit and core pyramid 50:10/40:10/30:10 Paused & got my 8lb vest for 2nd two rounds
1. Backload squat/alt reverse lunge 20s
2. Handstand shoulder tap/ spider knee
3. Backload squat/ at forward lunge 20s
4. FAST Inchworm out +push-up plank hop + 180 tuck
5. Dead lift s/s/double 20s
6. Plank tuck alt kick thru
7. Weighted hip thrust 20s Tried this w/ back on rack & it still doesn’t work w/ using dumbbells, oh well. or wall sit maybe
8. Decline push up clean and press 20s
6 minute amrap Was trying to figure out how to use the fewest amounts of weights & not tax shoulders too much for the first two moves. Decided to add 2lb wrist weights & use mostly 10s. Lost some time switching weights on the MMs & was definitely dropping pace (whereas I’d kept up, up til now in this WO)
2 R Push up t stand and press 10s (12lbs ea arm)
2 L Push up t stand and press
2 Manmaker 15s (17lbs ea arm)
2 tricep makers (tricep push-up + kickback, tricep push-up+ kickback + hop in and double arm tricep kickback) 10s (12lbs ea arm)
2 bicep makers (rev grip push-up + bicurl on both sides +hop up double arm bicep curl) 10s (12lbs ea arm)
No rest tabata 20:10 8x 4 minutes Kept forgetting what I was doing here & forgetting the halo part. Should’ve really put my gloves on b/c weight was SO SWEATY in my hands. Dangerous.
Halo slams/ SA oh press 20
Round the world/ SA oh press
Kb finisher 50:10
1. Swings 35lbs
2. Staggered Push-ups + SA RA bent row & snatch 20
3. Slams 20
4. Wide push ups + double plank tuck jumps
5. Staggered push-ups + SA LA bent row & snatch
6. Tricep push-up to tri ext 10s
7. Tri push + alt t-Stand leg lift
8. LL curtsy SA swings 15
9. Alt SL decline Pike push ups walk out shoulder tap
10. RL curtsy SA swings
11. Decline push ups + alt toe touches
12. Suitcase DL right 20s
13. RA oh rev RL Lunge 15
14. Suitcase DL left
15. LA oh rev LL Lunge
Time = 1:13, including all breaks