Last time I worked out with Michele I basically followed all the way through, except for doing some of my own yoga things in the cool down. This time I decided to skip the warm-up in favor of my usual (10/30×6=4min) jump rope intervals. And then I skipped the video cool down in favor of my own, ad-lib asana.
Anyway my quads were sore, which I only discovered during the my jump rope warm-up. I felt the strain in the first combo too. I guess tomorrow I might not want to do the legs routine I’d planned… I could either do a real rest day or another more yoga centric something. We’ll see.
Went to find Henry before my shower. He stays outside almost all day if it’s nice out. In that case I don’t feel bad about making Rocco stay outside with him. I don’t worry about a desperate coyote getting brave enough to jump the back fence if she’s out there too.
Warmup: (10/30×6=4min) jump rope
Part 1: *AMRAP
Michele calls these “combos”, but even tho you wouldn’t be counting rounds (b/c it’s hard enough just to learn the moves & keep the sequence straight) I feel like anything you repeat for a specific length of time is automatically “as many rounds as possible”.
I think the necessity of concentration to get the moves right is actually a good thing – mind-body focus. Anyway you do it is good.
Combo 1 : 5 minutes starts @ 6:54
2x Switch lunge. On the floor. My lowest choice of elevations is 13″ , higher than I’d want here. Sometimes I use a yoga block for jump-overs, but for switch lunges I’d be to focused on placing my feet. Lower back knee 1st to surrender down & back up. 2nd foot steps up knee lift. Reverse lunge down to wide squat to the side. Criss cross jack. Wide squat to heel click. 3x plank jack
5/30 3 rounds
1. Standing Dumbbell Curl 13lbs each hand
2. Kneeling right arm tricep kickback 10lbs each hand
3. Close hand push-up
4. Kneeling left arm tricep kickback
10x Surfer Burpee (Repeat 1 more time, after 30-sec brea) Hadn’t previewed & I realized I was doing these slightly differently but that’s ok.
Combo 2 : 5 minutes (Widow Maker)
Push-up, row, T-stand both sides, reg deadlift (for me) 3x. Bent over row 3x, 1 clean & press 2, 15lbs weights
5/30 3 rounds2, 15lbs weights
1. Virasana Rear Delt Raise 2, 10lbs weights all 3 round
2. Kneeling Overhead Shoulder to Shoulder Raise 1, 15lbs weight 1st round, then 2, 10lbs weights
3. Kneeling Tricep Overhead Extension (Down 3/Up 1) 2, 10lbs weights
4. Overhead Shoulder Press (Up 2/down 2) 2, 15lbs weights 1st round, then down to 13lbs each hand rounds 2 & 3
10x 2x Squat Pulse to Stand with Overhead Press (Repeat 1 more x) 2, 15lbs weights
Combo 3: 5 minutes +8lb vest
Round house Kick Right to 2x Squat Pulse & Left Reverse Cross over lunge/Left Side lunge to leg lift & Right Side arm out (hold) 3x Right Arm overhead pull with Squat Jacks (repeat with left leg) 10lb weight
5/30 3 rounds
1. Lay on Right Side (bent knees) on right elbow – knee raise toward shoulders
2. Lay on Left Side (bent knees) on left elbow – knees raise toward shoulders
3. Butterfly legs on floor Crunch up
4. Butterfly legs in air – opposite hand to foot
20x Pendulums or Plank side to side hops (repeat 1 more time) 1st round I did as the bench hops (13″ bench). 2nd round I put on 2 5lb ankle weights & did tap downs, 2=1 for both rounds
Combo 4: 5 minutes
1x Dive Bomber (hold Plank) right knee to right elbow then to center then to left elbow with glute raise between. Plant right foot on floor and kick through. Pull back to a side plank and 3x Side Plank hip raise. Repeat from Dive Bomber with left leg
5/30 3 rounds 2, 10lbs weights for all
1. Hold dumbbell in left hand (45 degree) Curl Right dumbbell
2. Hold dumbbell in right hand (45 degree) Curl Left dumbbell
3. Alternate Upright Rows, 1 hand closer in than the other, alt I modified this slights
4. Alternate Front/Side Raise
10x Thigh Burner Burpee (repeat 1 more time) 2nd round I added my orange band for fun. Was good! Might try heavier / harder purple band next time.
Bonus: Abs 15/45 2 rounds
(during the 15 seconds flutter kick legs)
1. Crunch up
2. Crunch up with alternating knee lift
3. Knees Bent or straight leg/pull in and push out 3lbs bet feet
4. Buzz Saw Plank
5. Elbow Plank – drop knees to floor
Virasana, supta v, malasana, paschimo, bhujangasana, 1/2 bheka both sides, savasana