I shortened this! My appreciation for shorter WO’s started when I had a busier schedule in the late spring. I joined Zuzka’s online gym for quick, evening WOs, was more careful about my diet and actually lost weight. Not that I needed to lose any, but I was all of a sudden just a little “extra toned”. And I’m like, Huh. Sometimes less is more.
So…. the people in Julia’s Fitness Friends group are all amazing, but many of them are way more hardcore than I am, at this point in my life. And that’s ok! I had something super frustrating happen last night, and the item involved had been thrown in my face many times, over the course of months. I have to say that my state last night and today could best be described as “simmering rage”. So… what to do? Don’t skip that workout!!!
9 HIIT exercises 50:10 X2 I did this set w/ the video & then did my (mostly shortened) rep based sets from the breakdown, rejoining Julia for the core burnout at the end.
1. Step up right leg 20s, leaving foot on bench.
2. Box jumps
3. Step up left leg 20s
4. Db touch down lateral lunge and shoulder press right 20
5. Alt pistol squats
Oblique plank hop / lateral box jumps Changed this move.
6. Db touch down lateral Lunge and shoulder press left 20
7. SLDL right 45lb kettlebell
8. SLDL left
9. Switch Lunge clean and press 26lb kettlebell, weight stays on floor between switch lunges
So each superset, then the burpees after all sets complete…. Since I only did half the rounds of all but the first, my sets were not “super” and were merely “sets”, lol.
Set 1: Thrusts 4x J uses a 174 bar & then a 52lb bag. All I’ve got is the bag, so… But I can move a shit ton of weight w/ my legs, if I have access to said weight. I found this out way before I ever did strength training on legs, when I got one of those free training sessions at my old gym, and I pushed 323lbs.
1. Weighted thrust x10 Ppl band & sandbag.
2. BW pulse x10
10 deadlift burpees sandbag
- Decided to do the rest of the rounds only 2x through, cutting the rounds in half, and see if that’d be PLENTY enough for me, with the burnout.
Set 2: Shoulders 2x
1. Shoulder press x10 20s, seated. Took J’s suggestion to increase the challenge this way, since I don’t have a good option for heavier dumbbells. I wouldn’t have done all 4 rnds this way tho, if I hadn’t cut sets 2-4 in half.
2. Push ups x10
10 decline pike push up burpees
Set 3: Squats 2x (orng Xband)
1. Backload side step squat x10 2=1 BL sandbag, 10 one side & then 10 the other
2. 3 squat pulse 1 squat jump x10 26lb kettlebell, held goblet style @ chest
10 box jump burpees
Set 4: Shoulders 2x + 2lb wrist weights. Sure made move 2 more challenging.
1. Clean and press x10 20s
2. Lateral raise to upright row x10 10s
10 one leg burpee with Arnold press 15s 5 one leg & then switch
Got here @ about 55min. Yep was enough. Took a break & moved equipment around & then found my place in the vid.
Slider core burnout 90 second burst – 60 second work/ 30 second plank 2x @59:30, in the vid, so ya I’m slower by about 50%, lol. And I hadda pause half way thru this set!
1. Slider Mountain climber 60 second//Elbow plank 30 second
2. Slider push up cross body knee tuck 60 second//
Elbow plank 30 second
3. Slider knee to same elbow windshield wiper 60 second //Elbow plank 30 second
A small bit of yoga to close.