I’m just going to post around the clock now WTH. I made these with blueberries I picked yesterday off one of the bushes in the yard. Some of ’em were a little ripe but I’m trying to keep them off the birds’ radar, and if they’re tasty plucked and eaten fresh off the bush I figured they’d be good to bake with.
Peanut butter & blueberry bars
Original recipe here. I doubled the amount of blueberries b/c I picked that many off our bushes yesterday.
- 2/3rd pkg cultured vegan butter, cut in chunks
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Mix ingredients 1-5 with hands.
- Grease a pan (9×12?), coconut oil.
- Press about 3/4 of crust into pan
- Mash berries slightly with lemon juice & maple syrup. Put on top of crust & cover with remaining mixture. Next time maybe use 2 1/2 cups flour and the full pkg of butter for more topping. Also maybe add nuts to topping.
- Cook at 350 convection for about 40min. Check to see if crust is golden. Let cool on a rack & then cut into squares.