Recovery workout time! I’d have take a rest day if I didn’t already do that twice this week, so a little moderate activity & stretching instead. For this format I often like to take a mini Bender routine & add on. I adapted this set by adding on a single 10/30 jump rope interval before every #d rep based move.
HIIT (& reps)
-10 reps ea move w/ the jump rope before = 19-min set. Normally I’d likely change the reps to 16, but this is just the warm-up for some easy stretching.
- Squat, Floor Tap 2, 20lb weights Coming all the way down to rest weights on floor & thighs on backs of calves
- Weighted Crunch Tap 10lbs Crunch up, holding weight up straight. Tap heels to floor.
- 1 Leg Squat (right) 2, 15lb weights Start kneeling w/ front foot in bet weights. Come to standing w/ back leg hovering.
- 1 Leg Squat (left)
- Weighted Temple Tap Abs 2=1 10lbs
- Curtsy Lunge Twist 2=1 2, 15lbs weights
- Romanian Deadlift w/ pulse @ bottom 2, 20lb weights
- Pull-ups 5 no assist & 10 w/ blue band
Bent Over Row Why not right? I haven’t practiced them awhile & in this context it’s low pressure.
- Chest Press w/ pulse @ bottom 2, 20lb weights
- Hammer Curl and Tricep Squeeze 2, 15lb weights
- Suryas & fundamentals (w/ the hand standing in suryas
- First 4 poses of primary, to ardha baddha pada paschimo (Added gomukhasana arms when I set back up from last pose, w/out moving leg in ½lotus, then jumped back) About 30min to this point & then stopped for notes.
- Then no-vinyasa twisting single intervals 10/30: ardha matseyen, marichy d, upavistha kona, parighasana, baddha kona A,
- Virasana, supta vira, malasana, uttanasana, single intervals 10/60
- Hanuman, Block A and B, Urdhva D (1min)
- 1min sirsasana (w/ 10 breaths in all the parts past the first one), sarvangasana, then finishing to matseyanasa 10breaths
I can’t believe I’m starting yet another exercise blog! Their little lives get shorter and shorter. After I got locked out of my last, public exercise (and other stuff) blog on WordPress, I swore I’d move back to where I started, Blogger in fall 2005, and stay private. Well… after WordPress I couldn’t adapt to the clunkiness of Blogger. It seems somehow like it’s much less reach and/or searchable too, though I don’t have any real sources to base that on.
Anyway I’ve been going with the aimless lately, the path of least resistance, as per Abraham, AH, Abraham-Hicks. Here I am again.
Realized in planning today’s workout that I did ashtanga TWICE last week. That’s unusual. Then I killed myself with a Fit Body by Julia workout yesterday. Today’s going to be lighter. I decided right away to do my 1/3 HIIT and 2/3 Yoga format, first part Ashtangesque and 2nd part more of an ad-lib to my favorite poses of finishing.
Adapted from Quick Total Body Sculpting HIIT Workout, but (15/50) with jump rope before every #d move for a 26min set. Plus I changed the last two moves. I’m sore and sluggish so I decided I’d jump rope as lazily as I like.
- Squat Press 30lbs (two 15s)
- Spiderman Plank Can elevate feet. Move sort of quickly.
- Runner’s Lunge Pulse-Right touch knee lightly to floor & then extend heel back for stretch. Can hold some weight.
- Runner’s Lunge Pulse-Left
- Bent Row & Kickback (didn’t wanna do a fly w/ 15s again, right after yesterday, and didn’t want to drop to my 10s)
- Table Leg Press-Right In crab, extend leg forward & then kick up, keeping hips as high as possible.
- Table Leg Press-Left
- Rock the Boat V-Up Low boat, tuck in w/ knees bent, extend legs straight & up & tap toes
- Elbow Tap Side Plank-Right Forearm side plank, tap floor & extend up
- Elbow Tap Side Plank-Left
- Frog Hopper Hip Stacker I chose a similar move that allows me to work on achieving balance & is both legs @ one time, so I added in one of my favorite ab moves for the last exercise Down Dog Hop-Right
- Pike Slider Abs
- Suryas & fundamentals
- some 10/30 intervals