Jamie is one of the fitness friends & she posts her WOs in the Facebook group pretty often. I’ve saved a few of them before, meaning to try, but a bit nervous about it. A lot of these women are more extreme than I, which might surprise any old friends from my yoga days. Today though, she posted this one & some people asked about how long it takes her. The consensus was an hour if lifting heavy, maybe 45min if not. But for me? You never know if it’s going to be close to 2 hours! (My endurance is high anyway :))
I wasn’t sure how hard I wanted to workout today. I need to exercise, but I also need to cook for jam night, and my body is still feeling Sunday’s glutes routine. I take stretching breaks while drawing… Anyhow I decided to change up the order of the workout and cut it way down. I’d like to do the full thing some time; I just needed a good amount of stretching today, and I didn’t have time to go for two, full hours.
Warmup: (10/30×6=4min) jump rope
Full body by Jamie 2, halved
- I halved everything except the ladder, which was 2/3rd. Decided to leave it open whether at that point I wanted to 1) move on to some yoga, 2) do one more round or 3) do two more rounds (of supersets & triset, to make it same rep count as breakdown). Doubtful on the last option. I didn’t want to work out too hard today. Sometimes moderate is good.
Ladder: 1x, time = 6:44
- Breakdown calls for 3 full sets of this @ the end. I wasn’t sure I wanted to do it more than once or twice. I decided to start w/ one round & time it.
- Rnds 1-4 continuous, then breaks after ea round. Round 7 changed hammer to bicep curl, even tho harder @15 for me, to change it up
- 15s Movement fluid thru ea exercise.
Continue adding 1 more rep w/out rest until x8 = 1 set
- Plank Thruster
- Hammer Curl
- Front Squat
- Shoulder Press
Superset 1: 2x time = 6:16
- Squat (butt to bench) + Good Morning x10 BL sandbag
- 1 and 3/4 Lateral Rail x8 10s Raise arms up to lateral, lower 3/4, raise fully again & then lower = 1 rep LOVED this move! I was only lowering like 1/2 way tho, if that, to be able to do the 8 reps w/ 10s, lol.
Superset 2: 2x time = 7
- Static Lunge & SA Tricep Kickback x10 ea arm 10s + 2lb wrist weights
- InchWorm + Push-up x10 (Kept wrist weights.) Added standing arch even tho it took extra time Replace next time, maybe w/ elevated pike, pike jump burpee.
Triset: 2x time = 5:54
- Arnold Shoulder Press x8 15s for all
- Upright Row x8
- SL DL X12 ea leg
Ladder: 1x, time = forgot 2 set
- Repeat of 1st set. This time I did hammer alt w/ bicep curls for move 2. That was the only change.
(46:18 when I stopped after 2nd ladder, including warm-up.)
About 45min. Threw in a 5min sirsasana & 3min sarvangasana. Felt good.