I had a rest day yesterday just because I thought I wasn’t going to be busy all day, delayed my workout and then was assigned a task (banner page design update). It was ok that I took one though, as I was due one more for the week and was a bit sore.
However today isn’t exactly high energy and I’ve tweaked my neck out again, a little bit, sleeping wrong. I don’t have the mental stamina for all yoga, a “real” practice, as in my current state of personal Astanga. Halfsie / halfsie. Go for easy everything, but movement and stretching. Melissa! I took her WO and doubled it w/ some barely lifting the feet jump roping.
- (15/50) w/ jump rope before every #d move = a 21:40min set.
- Sumo Squat 15s, weights on shoulders. Knees turned way out & squatting low. Moving as fast as possible w/ good form.
- Warrior Deadlift-Right 20s
- Warrior Deadlift-Left
- Bent Over Row 20s
- Curtsy Lunge-Right 20s, leaving the curl out b/c holding 20 in ea hand
- Curtsy Lunge-Left
DumbbellSwings 35lb kettlebell 29 reps
- Lawn Mower Row-Right 20 I did this the P90X way. Which is dif from the video. 18 reps ea side
- Lawn Mower Rose-Left
- Lunge to Press 10s Lunge back & then press up w/ both arms as you stand 9 ea side going over by 1/2 a rep
Then I did a search for a thigh band workout & picked one to do w/out a preview. I did it w/ the purple band from the set that Julia recommends (the only one worth having IMO). Was really killer on the upper, outer thighs especially.
Superset 1 = Squat Jacks + Hip Bridge
Superset 2 = Side Steps to Squat Jump + Standing Angled Leg Lift
Superset 3 = Cowboy Walk Forward/Backward + Clamshell
- Standing & fundamentals.
Only 2 handstands but I used 3lb weights for Surya A, 3-5.
- Some non vinyasa asana, then a single 10sec/5min headstand, minutes 2 & 4 in a backbend, the first w/ straight legs & the 2nd w/ bent. Also there was a 10sec/3min sarvangasana, so a solid 8min in static inversions.